Number of V6 vers the 4 cylinder

It seems that in North Carolina that the dealers have about a 5 or 10 to one ratio of the 4 cylinders to the 6 cylinder Camrys. Is there that much more of a demand for the 4 cylinders ? If so that may explain why the dealer cut the price of a Green V6 so much on a new Camry I bought Saturday. I know Green is not that popular and the car was on his lot.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

In general, 4 cylinders out number 6 about 3:1. (75% 4 cylinders and

25% 6 cylinders) in typical family sedans. Today's 4 cylinders are more powerful than 6 cylinders years ago and saves fuel. So no wonder.

I personally am more interested in the 2-mode hybrids with cylinder deactivation technology from GM, jointly developed with BMW and Mercedes. This system has been running in buses in some major US cities for a handful of years now.

If I get a hybrid in the future the GM-BMW-Mercedes two-mode hybrid is the technology I'll select, not the Toyota one.

Reply to
johngdole