4 cylinder better than V6?

Dear Honda experts:

I read in here that someone says Honda makes the best 4-cylinder and stick with that (and manual.) So if I wanted a V6 I should not get a Honda because Honda is not an expert building V6s?

Reply to
Benjamin Bootstrap

The six engine is fine, and let's asssume the tranny is fine, too, it's just that it seems overkill.

Once in a blue moon I wish my four was a six - when I try to pull into the fast lane, going up a hill, with a couple of passengers, and some moron is closing from behind a lot faster than I thought he was going. Then even the four properly reved into the vtech cam is just not enough.

Though if they could peel 500 pounds off the frames of these things, the four would be even more ideal.

J.

ps - also when the tranny gets sticky and doesn't downshift like it should, you wonder if a bigger engine wouldn't be in order.

Reply to
JRStern