O2 SENSOR

I have Camry 1999 4-cyl. Automatic- would you please how me where can i find O2 sensor. my car still running 350KM per 55 Liter. I poted before here for help and i changed complete spark plug, Gear oil, Gear Filterand it is till the same 6.36 Km/Liter. it i time now to change O2 senor as last advice i got from someone put i don't know where to find it, by the way i live in Qatar and there is no toyota dealer here. the only place you have to deal with is agency and it takes time to wait till your turn because of bad service. Also all technician here with limited experince in EFI cars. Please help me to find that senor

Reply to
Nubian

Check Autozone's free online repair guide. This is for the 5SFE but in a 1996. Same set up.

The primary sensor is on the exhaust manifold, you should be able to see if looking down right next to the radiator. I'd use a Bosch sensor, not a Denso.

How was the car maintained? Have you changed the timing belt, fuel filter, water pump, oil seal, etc, etc?

Nubian wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Have you checked Timing, old belts stretch, a stretched belt can retard timing 4 degrees and reduce milage 4 mpg and reduce power. Are brakes dragging, Putting it on a scope to have exaust analysed will tell how efficiently it is running, is Compression good. did you change the differential oil. Some models have 2, o2 sensors on the exuast manifold.

Reply to
m Ransley