oxygen sensor, '96 camry

After the success I had with replacing the front O2 (fuel-air-ratio?) sensor on my wife's '99 Camry (CEL came on at ~84k), I think I will try the same on my '96 (152k, no CEL) to improve fuel economy. Fuel economy is in the 20 mpg range (City), and I think this will do the trick.

Does the Denso 234-2058 come with the flange? The 234-2050 and Bosch

12211 I think do not come with the flange, and must be installed into the old flange with a tool - ??????

I'll likely go with the Denso 234-2058 at rockauto, unless someone has a better suggestion...?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

From the picture on rockauto.com, it loooks like the flange is a part of the sensor:

johngdole

Yep... just to be safe I bought it at AutoZone (Bosch) so I could see the part before buying it.

Now I'm doing an mpg study...

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

At your next emissions test check the HC reading. See it near the low especially if you use NGK Iridium plugs.

Reply to
johngdole