PO Code 446

My 2001 Toyota Solara was diagnosed with PO code 446 (Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction). What is it exactly and how much shoul I expect to pay for repairs?

Reply to
gdrayer

P0446, this should be an intermittent code caused primarily by the gas cap. It usually happends shortly after gas fill up. It can be affected by other parts of the evaporative system (VSVs, check valves in the canister, or a reported bad batch of canisters that spew carbon dust), but much less likely if you don't get other codes.

You should pull the ECM fuse for 1 minute (driver side of the engine compartment) or goto AutoZone and let them clear the code for you for free. Check the gas cap and gasket first (clear the code, loosen and retighten the cap). You probably won't have to spend anything except a small amount of your time.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
johngdole