Power Seat Failure!!!!!

Yesterday onwards the driver's power seat has stopped moving forward- backword horizontally. It can still tilt and go up/down. I can hear a click when I push the button to move it horizontally but there is no movements. What could be the problem? Any obvious thing that I can chceck? Tracks look clear and wires connected. Could it be just the weak battery? Is there any bypass for power stuff to convert it into manual mode? Thanks in advance for yout time!

Reply to
johndl4

Also I just checked and the motor that controls the horizontal power seat motion is hot to the touch

Reply to
johndl4

movements. What could be the problem? Any obvious thing that I can > chceck? Tracks look clear and wires connected. Could it be just the > weak battery? Is there any bypass for power stuff to convert it into > manual mode? Thanks in advance for yout time!

I've jsut had the same problem on my Supra power seat. I've got the seat out and it appears like the motor is burned out. One interesting thing is that the locator bushing that holds the horizontal (left-right) shaft in place had fallen out, which might have started the problem, but putting it back in hasn't helped.

Have you had any suggestions, or did you have to replace part of the assembly?

Reply to
degrey1

I suggest you try telling people what year Camry you have so they have a clue as to how to help you.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry. Did you ever get a reply for your question?

Reply to
cingram1963