300M power windows

Took my 300M in for service yesterday -- among other things to have the inoperative driver's window fixed (it had never given any trouble until we went on a car-free two-week vacation, but when we returned the window no longer worked: lights dimmed slightly, and a click could be heard, but nothing moved. Did the lubricant thicken? Was the car sulking?).

I told the service advisor that I had heard of power window problems with the early 300M models. He said there are still far too many occurrences, unfortunately.

-=- Alan

Reply to
Alan Beagley

Bill Putney

Out of curiousity... which model year?

heard,

Reply to
Art Begun

the window is sticking to the rubber, IIRC.

use your left hand to operate the button, and hit the window (somewhat gently) with your right hand, at the top of the window to loosen it. if you're afraid to shatter the window, look on the google archives

for this group, and do a search. you can put alubricant in the window that should work.

Reply to
Whatevah

It's a 2002 model.

-=- Alan

On 11/09/03 12:18 am Art Begun put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

I had tried various sugestions: e.g., sliding a credit card betwen the glass and the rubber all the way around on both sides, slamming the door while operating the window switch. I watched them work on the car (from a distance -- and no, they didn't charge me more for watching: it was a no-charge warranty repair anyway), and as far as I could see they pulled the innards out of the door and possibly replaced the motor.

-=- Alan

On 11/09/03 12:26 pm Whatevah put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

Pretty bad since they've been having the problem since 99. A company with brains would have solved the problem long ago and made the windows bulletproof.

Reply to
Art Begun

Yeah - that would be cool - a car with bulletproof windows! 8^) (Sorry Art - couldn't resist).

You're right - I am amazed at the problems that are understandable at the beginning of new models, but to have the same design problem continue for 3 and 4 MY's is inexcusable.

Bill Putney

... and beer can thick steel panels !

Reply to
Steve Stone