Re: 94 camry v6 xle: transmission's a little...shaky

Known Trouble Spots
Automatic transmission: A-40 series automatic transmissions may shift harshly because rubber check balls become smaller, blow through the plate, and get dislodged. (1992-96) /VH
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
> [...]
Thats was the tranny used on the old vans. The Camry V6 uses the A540.

Does a 96 Camry 4 cyl use the A-40 transmission. Mine shifts real positive into second but quite a jerk. Also, if you hold the gas down it sure has to go fast before it shifts. It will go over 5000 before shifting into 3rd.
Ken Day
Ken Day wrote:

Ken, close, yours is an A140E. It sounds like you have a failing transmission.