Stereo's in Camry?

Does anyone know if the 1996 Camry came with the option of a CD changer in it? Mine has the Toyota factory AM/FM Cassette with the CD Changer controller below it and a CD Changer in the trunk. My problem is the Changer has gone bad. This is the second time this has happened. I paid to get it fixed the first time. But, now would like to replace it. Does anyone know of a replacement for the Matsushita CD Changer or an adapter to use an after market changer?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
Don Mc Coy

Try the Cruthfield web site, or your local car audio installer. They will know.

Reply to
Mark A

Thanks Mark,

But I have tried Crutchfield and they only carry products for 1998 or newer. And local audio installers want to sell me a FM version of a changer. This to me is defeating the purpose of having a CD Changer Controller. My next thought is to take the entire system out and purchase a Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine/Sony to replace the entire system! But, I thought I could go with a go between for now and just purchase a new cd changer. I know that the Matsushita is a sub of Panasonic...

Reply to
Don Mc Coy

and get a new Stereo and changer

Reply to