Re: Floor Mats....

Winter time.....looking for a Christmas gift for my daughter who has a

> 1998 Camry with "carpeted floor mats," which are rapidly getting > soiled in the winter muck. > > So, looking for rubber mats of some kind that will STAY in place. I > have a set of generic rubber mats for my '03, but they slide all over > the place....a bit of a pain for me, but a "ticket to an accident" for > a young, inexperienced driver. > > Called the local Toyota dealer, said they don't have any original > Toyota rubber mats, nor can they get anything for any car older than > '02.....he said it's a common request. > > Anyway, he suggested looking into the WeatherTech brand....anyone with > any other thoughts, suggestions....

On my old car I used the 3M floormats but I never used them in snow. On my 07 Camry I have the carpeted floor mats. I just washed mine the other day with dishwashing liquid and a brush and dried them overnight using our wall heater. (Northern NJ, 1" snow last Sunday) Looks like new, well its only 17k miles. Might be too late for a 9 yr old floormat.

Reply to
EdV