Re: Opinion on extended warranty

I have only bought one once in some 45 years of cars. Only reason was I was buying a rental return - it did pay off. I got it for about

4-500 bucks and wound up having to have whole front end done on Mercury Sable at about 35k miles. Trans, and all other front end. With rental car it was about $1500. So it paid

I have never had any other car that had any kind of repair that would near equal the "extended warranty" cost. A Maxima with trans seal and it was $600 at 85K miles. So far nothing but brakes on belts on anything else - usually drive them about 60-70k in 5 or so years.

Ron

Reply to
ron