Re: Timing Belt, also, where to buy spare parts.

if you have a CAA or AAA membership than you could just wait till the timing belt busts and have it towed then. that is, if you don't mind being inconvenienced like that.

turning the rotors is a regular thing, unless you want to buy new ones.. I'd > just turn them and worry about replacing them the next brake job. > Autozone & Pepboys have good pricing on rotors.. > > the timing belt should be changed at 75,000 miles. (your mileage may vary) > > > When do you change the timing belt on a 96 V6 Camry? > > > > Also, my rotors are warped and need to be turned. I would appreciate some > > recommendations on where to buy extra parts at reasonable prices. > > > > -Ed > > > > > > > >
Reply to
someone

Ed For ORIGINAL TOYOTA parts I found Butler Toyota

to be very reasonable. They beat the local Toyota dealers by a mile(40%-60% less). JerryR

Reply to
JerryR

Turned down rotors are not a good idea IMO. They're thinner and more prone to warping a a result.

Someone had allready changed the cam/silent shafts/oil-pump etc belt on mine. They had failed to to leave a sticker saying so. The belt was a Gates equivalent.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Local auto stores carry Bendix, Wagner or Raybestos rotors. Turning rotors is not a good idea, it'll just make them warp sooner. Gates carry timing belt kits (belt and tensioners) for many makes. Check out

Edward wrote:

Reply to
Chad

right on chad. i bought raybestos rotors for about $25 apiece and they work fine. they are guaranteed (whatever that means). the scumbags at autozone tried to sell me 2 (made in china rotors for my 98 camry for $25).

Reply to
humblejohn