Re: transmission question

I have a 91 camry 86000, I have changed filter at intervals and drain

> refill with mobil synthetic every year. Level correct. Last winter at > 10f several times it would not go into gear for a few minutes. Level was > way up.. Changed filter , filter was Clean. Is my trans worn out, is > there an adjustment or inexpensive fix,, thanks

Mark this is a little confusing. The negine oil does not influence transmission behaviour as it has its own oil and filter (inside the trans) and uses ATF (automatic transmission fluid).

If your trans is not shifting correctly and you have not had it serviced (oil, adjustemet and a filter clean) then it most likely needs it.

Changing your engine oil once a year is a little too long as well. 6 months with low miles or more frequently with heavier service is indicated. Check your under-bonnet stickers or efer to a manual/handbook.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I think he meant mobil 1 synthetic transmission fluid?

Reply to
ROBMURR

I hope so ~(8-I)#o-o

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

yes I meant I change the trans oil once a year, engine at 3000, I have had the trans serviced at the proper times, Is there something in the trans to adjust

Reply to
mark Ransley

When a trans fails to respond to the shifter it can mean: a seal has gone hard and only seals once it has softened with temp increase or some dirt has entered the valve body/solenoids (if applicable) and has caused piston sticking until the internal pump has delivered enough oil pressure to overcome the problem or perhaps the internal oil pump is worn causing delays in operation. Adjustments (if any) pertain to band clearance settings and thus effect shift quality.

Transmission servicing is supposed to be done with utmost attntion to cleanliness.

If the trans is overfull with oil it may aerate or froth the oil causing poor hydraulic operation. Thats about the extent of my knowledge on autos.

Reply to
Jason James