Re: What is the first letter mean in the VIN number

Yes, Toyota VINs starting with "J" are built in Japan...

Typing in "vehicle id number decoders" in a search engine yielded this resource:

Mike C

Hi All: > I wonder anyone knows what is the meaning of the first letter of the VIN >number. Is the VIN number started with J means the vehicle is made in Japan? >I was told with different meaning in the dealership so I need some expert to >tell me the truth. > >Thanks > > > > > > > >

Mike C

Reply to
Mike Conway

Do you know about the repuitation of the manufactorer in US? I heard that if it is make in Japan is better. Do you think so? Do you know anyone who agree with it?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
wingbay

Where it was made. J is Japan, K is Korea and so on. American made stuff will start with a number.

Reply to
MDT Tech®