Rear brake load actuator 1995 CAMRY

I have a 1995 CAMRY 4 cyl 2.2 ltr Auto.

I was in checking to have a new exhaust silencer ( muffler ) fitted yesterday at Toyota.

This silencer has been on the vehicle 14 years 2 months. Its the original that was fitted when I purchased it new. So its done very well. Cost all in for front box.rear box and long intermediate pipe is GB£306 fitted. So that's ballpark as against corner shop places. And genuine Toyota Stainless again.

On inspection to give me a price.

They pointed out that there was a rod missing between the suspension area and the Rear brake load actuator. There was only the sign of weak coil spring no rod.

I asked if I could order that part. But it only come complete at GB£271 = US$350 with a fitting charge of GB£100 if the job goes straight forward. If not the labour cost will be open ended.

My Haynes Manual does not show this component at all. Is there a good description or photos of it some place. I have done a Google on it last night but did not find it.

Any ideas

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

If you have a friendly relationship with a local wrecking yard, go and talk to them. Most have the books showing the parts. You might even find the parts there.

Reply to
hls