Rough idle

My 97 camry 860000 miles. When i sit at a red light i feel a little vibration when my hand is on the steering wheel But when i drive the car runs smooth. When sitting still it idles at 500 rpm Any suggestions ?

Reply to
desgnr

My '91 is like that, I reckon it's normal... for a Camry. One of the many things I don't like about it.

Reply to
jg

That's probably the idle air control valve sticking. Do a search on IAC cleaning. It should idle at around 700, not 500.

desgnr wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

We fixed that problem on my daughter's car by using Sea Foam in a couple tanks of gas.

Reply to
IBNFSHN

That's probably not collected at the beach, can you elaborate what it is?

Reply to
jg