seats stuck, taillight assy. replacement

Hello, Camry fans:

I am a recent convert to the Camry lifestyle. I inherited a '94 Camry LE 4-dr. from my dad's estate. It's a very nice driving car and feels brand new even though it has 125,000 miles on it. I wish they'd built in less road feel, though, but as nice as this car is I'm not going to beef the tight suspension. Is there a way to adjust it so that it isn't so stiff... er, um... sporty?

The rear seats are stuck. When I push the levers up and try to push the seats forward, they won't budge. Does anyone have a trick for making these latches/seats work?

I have one more question. I need a left-side taillight assembly. The dealer wanted to know American or Japanese built. He looked at the VIN, but neglected to tell me which it was. Then he asked if I wanted wired or unwired? I said unwired (?), then he quoted $200 with sales tax.

At the junkyard, they didn't care if it was Japanese or American built. They quoted me $55 for a cracked assembly they had ("no," I said), and $85 plus tax for a new aftermarket part. Should I spend $200 at the dealer or a little less that half as much for the aftermarket taillight assembly? Wired or unwired?

Thanks and best wishes,

'94 Camry LE

Reply to
94 Camry LE

If Japanese built the VIN on the dashboard at the bottom of the window will start with the letter J.

The taillite assembly is not an item that is ever likely to break down again unless in an accicdent. I would suggest the aftermarket unit at $85 will do just as well as the OEM model.

As to the rear seats I have no experience nor opion.

Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger