SOLVED: '89 camry, stalling, then no spark, no check eng light

(This is posted to help anyone with a similar problem.) The subject problem was caused by the "VC" terminal shorted to the "VE" terminal at the Air Flow Meter (AFM). With my superficial knowledge and data I would never have suspected this fault would shut down the igintion and check engine light without some help from "Jeff from Redding" who had experienced a similar problem. Jim H.

Reply to
jimhigh66

Was it shorted at the connector contacts or internal to the meter?

Reply to
jjjsan

I'm not sure what you mean, but: The short was measured at the connector on the AFM.

Reply to
jimhigh66