Steering Pump latest.

Just got a price for the pump from Toyota. $700 plus fitting WOW.

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

The oil can come from one or more of 4 places: return line from steering-rack, output line to steering rack, resevoir line into pump or the pump's drive-shaft seal.

The first 3 are the cheapest,..the seal replacement may require expertise with special tools etc.

The pump should be repairable for less money than 700 smackers.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the follow up. Look at my posting before this one. Although my local garage ( not Toyota one ) says its the pump. I am not convinced. No loss of level in Dashpot. But I cant see any other place it could leak from that would have to be higher than the steering pump for it to drip on to.

I will go to local Toyota garage tomorrow. But to be honest they have a usual lead time of 3 to 4 weeks before they can do work so I just got out the habit of visiting them plus they are £59 ( $106 ) per hour now. Local garage is £40 ( $72. )

I will let you know any final results. Tks

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM