Stuck right side (passenger) half-shaft

Yep, it's a frozen carrier bearing-to-bracket holding things up on my 94, 4 cyl Camry. Snap-ring and lock bolt are removed. I soaked the area 2 days prior with PB blaster and drowned it since starting, but no dice.

Your advice on how you got the thing removed/unstuck is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Platil

Gary Danaher

Nope, it's just a B*&^%# to get out because it rust-welds itself to the housing.

I did finally get it out with the aid of a large brass drift and hammer, but now I have a scraping sound from the carrier bearing. Looks like I will pull it, and go with new half shaft.

I have had about 50/50 luck with CCT rebuilds. They are NAPA's, A Zone, and Parts America's house brand. Think I might try another reman brand (Beck Arney or Cardone) or just go with a brand new GCK.

Reply to
Platil

Reply to
Gary Danaher