SV21 problesm starting the car >> power

Hi all,

my car sometimes cant start, doesn't seem to be able to get enough power to start, tries to kick over then just fades out as does the clock. yet i am able to use my highbeams radio and fan on high none seem to be affected, it just wont start.

then when i jump start off another car works fine. I took my battery out and did a slow charge only had a 2amp supply, charged for bout 15hrs, worked for a couple of days now having same problem again. after a jump start usally get a couple more starts out of it before it needs another jump

im guessing it is my alternator, if i test its output what should it be reading? or does anyone have any other ideas

thanks :)

Reply to
michael