"Sweet Spot" - (ride quality)

Camry - after a couple of years of handling all maintenance, familiarizing my self with the car mechanically, and insuring all is exactly as should be, perhaps I'm relaxing a bit more. Last week, cruising a fairly straight section of freeway with light traffic, deciding to "stretch my legs" a bit more by clicking the seat position back another notch. Now I'm really comfortable kind of like kicking back and watching TV. Seems the "dead pedal" on the left was always too close. Now, somehow, the car has taken on a decidedly more luxurious feeling. Ride quality is better. Wheels at all four corners seem to absorb bumps more smoothly. Even more of a joy to drive. Perhaps it's moving that roughly 180 lbs. further from the front wheels and closer to the back seat, or riding closer to some center of movement for the car's frame, but the ride is blissfully nice. Can always click it forward a notch again, but certainly am enjoying the current seat position and thought I'd pass along the idea to those who may wish to give it a try.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Daniel --you must have one sensite ass to be able to detect ride differences by one notch movement on the drivers seat! lol

Reply to
Artfulcodger

I did,....and I couldn't reach the pedals,...seriously tho, I'm ahh, err

110kgs and about 6'1" and I find the squabs too hard on the Camry and many other cars. Since manufacturers started using poured foam instaed of good ol' fashioned springs in their car-seats, its difficult (for me) to find a truly comfortable seat like the '70s cars. I have an Ozzy '79 LTD 351c (a 'compact' size vehicle in your terms not a Battle-Star Galactica) which was the last model to have spring seats, and its very comfortable The Camry is an excellent handling car, and I find it diffuclt to imagine a situation in normal driving whee one would even come close to losing it.

Hat's off to Toyota,....Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Reply to
Chris Aseltine

No, he's car-nut who likes to become intimate with his vehicle. Its only when one starts to talk to the car other then when it breaks something or wont start, that its time to worry.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James