tming belt interval

I have a 99 camry 4cyl that is approaching 100,000 kms. Should I replace the timing belt like I did with my Hondas?

Reply to
parklights

The recommended interval for 4 cyl Camry is 60,000 miles or 96,560 km. You do have the added benefit of the engine being non-interference, so if the belt does break it will not damage the insides. However you will end up paying for towing.

Reply to
badgolferman

I have the same car. My local Toyota dealer's mechanic recommended that I wait until 120k, despite what's printed in the owner's manual. Shrug. At least there's no danger of engine damage if it fails (unlike your Hondas).

Reply to
Nobody Important

I have never heard of the non-interference engine, very interesting. Does the 2005 Camry have this feature as well?

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
Geoman
2005 is probably different

some have timing chain rather than belt, plus variable valve timing.

Reply to
Daniel