Toyota Brake Recall: 2008-09 xD, 2009-10 Corolla, Matrix, Vibe

"THIS COULD LEAD TO AN INCREASE IN VEHICLE STOPPING DISTANCE AND A CRASH COULD OCCUR."
Recall ID # 09V338000
Consequence: THIS COULD LEAD TO AN INCREASE IN VEHICLE STOPPING DISTANCE AND A CRASH COULD OCCUR.
Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEWLY DESIGNED INTAKE AIR CONNECTOR WHICH WILL RELOCATE THE BRAKE SYSTEM VACUUM PORT. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.

Amazing how the pattern of toyota recalls is leading towards the more serious. Kind of reminds me of the downward spiral of GM.. Hope I'm wrong. But we've touched on this pattern here b4...

The difference between Toyota and GM is that Toyota has admitted they have a problem and fired the guy at the top and replaced him with someone not directly involved in the decline. GM says everthing is wonderful with our products and shuffled the top management around to the same sort of guys couldn't see the problems in the first place.
You don't fix problems if you refuse to see them. The guys running GM want to pretend the recent problems were all caused by the economy.
Ed