Toyota Camry license plate screw stuck rusted

Penetrating oil usually works well and is sold at many auto parts and hardware stores.

--
Arctic Inferno  wrote in
message news:2u21lrF259croU1@uni-berlin.de...

I have a Toyota Camry 1999 that was sitting for about six months and I now want to start driving it. One of the screws for the rear license plate is stuck rusted. I can't seems to loosen the screw, but I need to get the screw out to put in the new license plate. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Arctic Inferno

You could drill it out with a smaller diameter drill than the screw. You could also try grabbing the head with some Visegrips and get more torque on it that way. I believe there are also some spray lubricants that will loosen rusted bolts nicely overnight. That's probably the least destructive way to get it out.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
skewe.rm