License plate fastener

I seem to have stumped a couple of Nissan parts department personnel.. maybe one of you know what I'm talking about.

2001 Maxima GLE.. rear license plate fasteners. When removing the plates from the rear (the fronts were no issue) I was able to remove the right screw, but the left one just turns due to the fact that the plastic (nut, grommet) that the screw goes into is no longer stationary, but turns with the screw. Is this a "replaceable " part ? I don't see any off-the-shelf fasteners that look like they would work, but I'd like to be able to put 2 screws in the rear plate, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Kroenert
2001 Maxima GLE.. rear license plate fasteners. When removing the plates from the rear (the fronts were no issue) I was able to remove the right screw, but the left one just turns due to the fact that the plastic (nut, grommet) that the screw goes into is no longer stationary, but turns with the screw. Is this a "replaceable " part ? I don't see any off-the-shelf fasteners that look like they would work, but I'd like to be able to put 2 screws in the rear plate, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

Gary ==== Sounds like a small plastic insert and I think your local PePBoys will have them.

Reply to
KybonaWhogonna

You can also try

They seem to have everything, and you can find parts diagrams on line. I was able to order the little radio knobs for a used Altima we bought for my son.

2001 Maxima GLE.. rear license plate fasteners. When removing the plates from the rear (the fronts were no issue) I was able to remove the right screw, but the left one just turns due to the fact that the plastic (nut, grommet) that the screw goes into is no longer stationary, but turns with the screw. Is this a "replaceable " part ? I don't see any off-the-shelf fasteners that look like they would work, but I'd like to be able to put 2 screws in the rear plate, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

Gary

Reply to
azf713