toyota response

Toyota has the single largest recall of any vehicle manufacturer in the US this past year. Consumer reports used to give them the green light when recommending quality vehciles. They do not do this anymore because the quality has gone down significantly. Insurance companies we use are publicly traded or have been in business for 25 years. We're not going anywhere.

Reply to
joeatch2

THAT is not true when I see only 7 recalls by Toyota for ALL classes. That is for all of 2007.

Reply to
Ritter 197

FORD had 14 recalls. Chrysler 7.

Reply to
Ritter 197

Jeep had 9 recalls in 2007

Reply to
Ritter 197

Look at Numbers recalled and compare it to 15 yrs ago, its called too rapid an expansion, to sell the most cars.

Reply to
ransley

I think in a couple of years ago percentage wise the only company worse than Toyota (~10%) was Ford (~12%) in terms of recalls. Last year Honda and Toyota recall numbers are still higher than GM and all but Ford improved.

David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington Bureau Thursday, December 27, 2007

"But perhaps the biggest news among Asian automakers was the problems Toyota Motor Corp. had with reliability and recalls. Though down to

573,554 recalled vehicles from 657,308 in 2006, the Japanese company this month recalled about 10 percent of its Tundra pickups and earlier this year recalled more than 500,000 of its Sequoia SUVs. That's significant because Toyota has been pushing hard to break into the highly profitable large vehicle market."

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
johngdole

True, but you said it was the WORST and that is not true. JEEP was!

Reply to
Ritter 197

You can compare numbers or percentages. Jeep is not a company BTW.

Reply to
johngdole

Sembunyikan teks kutipan -

yeah __________

2008 Maserati Granturismo
john

If you just look at the raw, unexplained numbers, Toyota recalled slightly more vehicles than GM in 2007. Ford, Chrysler, and VW all recalled far more vehicles than Toyota in 2007. It should be noted that a significant number of the "Toyota" recall were not vehicle recalls, they were a recall for an aftermarket accessory floormat (an "equipment" recall). Another group of "Toyota" recalls were for dealer/distributor installed cruise controls provided by a US company. If you delete the recalls for the floor mats and cruise controls (not truly "Toyota" products), Toyota had fewer recalls than GM.

See

and
Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

yeah, plus just because something was recalled doesn't necessarily indicate a bad mark. it could be good news that a company is recalling something, rather than allowing the problem to fester. maybe it's a sign of being proactive or of good customer service. i'd rather a company recall something and fix it than not recall it and have it go wrong later and have them leave me out in the cold. so, you can't look at just one data point (recall frequency or raw number) to determine much of anything about the car or car company.

-c

aptpupil