Toyota Solara 2000 SLE 205/60R16 Potenza tire trouble

When I bought this car in 2000 I had to change a couple of tires within first few months. Ongoing problem: bubbles. After I changed the tires from Potenza to something else (Bridgestone, never Michelins though), I had to change tires even more often. I live and drive in NYC which doesn't have the best roads, but I never had this specific problem with my previous car (1993 Pontiac Grand Am).

So this is a Solara SLE V6, and I am considering buying all 4 new tires again. A mechanic told me once that the tires must've been not soft enough and probably had too high pressure (I checked, it was what is suggested...). He recommended Michelin tires, which I never used. Does anyone have any insightful opinion on this? Please help... Buying tires every 3 - 6 months is not what I had ever planned for...

Reply to
zratis

The OEM Potenzad that came on the the Camry's (including Solara) have built quite a reputation for being somewhat less than satisfactory.

Check their ratings on

And, consider switching to something else. There are also many more brands than Michelin to consider (tirerack can help you on this, too, and you don't even need to order from tirerack).

Reply to
timbirr

Thanks for the link, the site is very informative...

Reply to
zratis