Turn off automatic door locks on 99 Camry?

Searched both online and (gasp!) in my manual, but couldn't find a way to shut off/reprogram the automatic door locking "feature" on my 99 Camry. Does anyone know the procedure for doing that (short of a service visit)? Appreciate any help.

Reply to
bhern

Do you have the Toyota VIP alarm installed? If so check the alarm manual or search Fujitsu-Ten fax back system to get the manual faxed to you.

snipped-for-privacy@spamc> Searched both online and (gasp!) in my manual, but couldn't find a way

Reply to
johngdole

Johngdole --

Thanks so much for the tip. It didn't occur to me that that behavior was alarm-related vs. built-in to the car. I googled for the Secureikey alarm manual and found what I needed to do.

Here's the link to the forum where I found the details: