Two-year-old camry with 60k miles: good deal?

Hi, there,

My wife and I are shopping for 2002-03 used cars and found a 2002 camry (LE, 4 cylinder 2.2 L). Have driven it for a while to test it out. Feels very good. Pretty smooth. But the things concerning my wife and me now is the high mileage in this car: 60k already in a

2-year-old car. We are wondering if anyone has the experience of driving this kind of car. Must have someone out there. The price is lower, of course, which is why we want to buy this car. Carfax showed a record of minor accident, which is another concern. If the seller could show us good maintenance record, we would think it's worth it. But what about no records? Will high-mileage in a relative short period of time wear out the engine prematurely?

Thank you for your reply. We need to make our decision tomoorrow.

Reply to
Steven Wong

Wow, 60K is barely break-in for that engine. I've seen them go >200K. My daughters has 130K and is as tight as when purchased, as is the rest of the car. Wouldn't hesitate at all !!

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Get service records,

Reply to
mark Ransley

Any decent car will last 150,000+ miles these days with minimal routine maintenance. Heck I put more than 30,000 miles on a car a year, so 60,000 miles in two years is nothing special. In fact, I think this implies lots of easy highway miles. If you can confirm that the oil has been changed on a regular basis, I don't see any reason to be concerned. It has been my experience that age leads to a lot more failures than miles. I'd much rather buy a 2 year old used car with 60,000 miles than a 10 year old used car with 50,000 miles.

Ed

Steven W> Hi, there,

Reply to
C. E. White

You pays yours nickel youse takes your chances, Toyota has a new one for sale, just for you, and with a warranty.

Steven W> Hi, there,

Reply to
DoggyDaddy

I have a 2002 LE (2.4 L - 157 ponies). I love it. No probs. You should be able to get service records at the dealership they took it too. Are you talking 60,000 KM or Miles? Average mileage is 24,000 KM/Year so if it is

60,000 KM, that's not that bad. As it being worth it, depends on how much cheaper it is as compared to a new one, and if you are financing it. When I was looking for a Camry, I found that financing used sometimes turned out to be more money in the long run than financing new because you don't get as good of a rate. I also found that 2 year old Camry's were only roughly $2000 to $3000 cheaper than a new one and only 30 to 40,000 KM left on the warranty. So I bought new.

Reply to
P J H