Used Camry. Price VS Color?!

As we already have a 4-cyl, 99 Camry. We have purchased another one, but this is a 98. The looks the same but there are several differences between the two. The 98 Does not have a light sensor and it's the exact same model as the 99. It's a CE. Also the radio is a cassette, when the 99 has a CD + radio. The 99 has no antenna (visible) the 98 has an antenna at the back. Besides these small differences the 98 we just bought has an immobilizer with a remote + a remote starter which is handy here in Canada when it's winter time. Interesting how these cars go for between $10,000- and 13,000- CDN that's around $7000- to

10000- US with mileage over 100,000-Kms on them.

We've managed to get ours with 96,000-Kms, which is around 50-K miles, All original paint, All papers, 6 months warranty and a free anti-rust treatment (Crown) for $9700-. Does this have to do anything with the fact that this car is white. To tell you honestly we didn't really want a white or black car. White however is still better than black. Especially in the summer time, not to mention the ease of touch-ups, etc. What do y'all think. Is color a factor when it comes to price???

Now we have two Camrys. Heeehaaa! :D

Reply to
Omega

Probably not, unless it's something really bizarre and tasteless, like pink - and I don't think Toyota makes many of those. OTOH, the more popular colors probably sell faster, if not higher.

Remember that every color has it's admirers. I, for instance, won't buy a yellow car at any price, but lots of people will.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

like

buy

I read a survey recently that said Silver is the most popular colour, followed by white, then black. After those colours there was a steap drop off in popularity.

Reply to
Father Guido