Vibration only happens at traffic stop

My '90 Corolla DX has vibration. The vibration becomes noticeable only at stop (gear "D") when AC is on & engine warming up and temp going up than without AC on. If i shift to gear "N" or "P", then vibration dies down. No vibration with normal temp. engine and everything o.k. what goes wrong? Matt

Reply to
Matt

Did you check your spark plugs, air filter, PCV and hoses? "Matt" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Sam Cheung

Most likely: aging ATF fluid and/or clogged tranny filter. Buy a filter kit (new filter and pan gasket), and flush the fluid.

good luck! GTr

Reply to
gregory trimper

(note - you'll get best results by continued use over time. i.e., 10k+ miles)

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I've been running 87 octane for a few weeks in my Celica. I am going out of town this weekend, so I filled up with 93.

For the past couple weeks, i've had a solid engine mount on the driver's side, to which I've incorrectly attributed all the vibration -- my car seems to notice a difference between 87 and 93 and vibrates *less* at idle with

  1. Just one person's observation.

Reply to
Celica Dude

You forgot to mention checking for Mexican jumping beans in the glovebox.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

Sam Cheung wrote:

Reply to
Philip®

Hahhahaha. Oh that's rich. Is this a stock parts counterman answer? Tell me ... what reciprocating parts are inside an automatic transmission?

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Philip, If you know the possible causes, why didn't you help? At least give this owner a direction. ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D :Tmqrc.3690$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Sam Cheung

Oops, humor impairment check please... :>))

Tom...

Sam Cheung wrote:

Reply to
TOM

This question has been addressed sooooo many times. Check the idle speed with the A/C turned ON. Must not be below 700 rpm in DRIVE. It if is, the normal engine shake will worsen. There is an "idle up" diaphram on the intake manifold that is adjustable .... providing it is operative.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

Sam Cheung wrote:

Reply to