Watery sound from my 2000 camry

I have a 2000 Camry LE with some 40000 miles on it. Recently, Whenever I start my car and accelerate or while I am driving and accelerating, I hear a watery noise coming from behind my steering wheel. The sound resembles like water/liquid flowing down a pipe. The car runs great, no leaks and has been perfectly maintained with the required servicing performed at toyota recommended intervals. I wanted to know if anyone has experienced similar problems with their camry and know whats the reason for this or have a solution to fix this problem (if any).

Thanks.

Reply to
Harry

I've heard a similar noise on a couple of automatics. They were not Toyotas tho, I assumed it was coming from the torque convertor. Is your ATF level correct in your transmission?

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Reply to
Robert

Reply to
Philip®

Hi Philip:

Thank you very much for you post. I have the same problem. Would you please tell me more about how to fix it? You post is kind of too short for me.

My post is here

Thank you very much.

John

Hi Philip:

Thank you very much for your post. I have the same problem. Would you please tell me more about how to fix it? You post is kind of too short for me.

My post is here

John

Reply to
homecurr

Actually, It seems like the coolant theory could be possible. I had done a scheduled maintainence and had changed the coolant through the dealer. Thats when I started hearing the noise. It is quite possible that there could be air in the system. I will try to burp the radiator and coolant to see if I can get rid of this problem. Is there a specific procedure i need to follow to do that.

Reply to
Harry

I took my car to the dealer today. They did not find any problem with the cooling system. I am thinking what it is? Should I just forget about it? Maybe it is not water but something else make sounds like water...

John

Reply to
homecurr