`01 Tacoma`s first problem

After 120,000 flawless miles the truck had it`s first hiccup. Flooring the accelerator passing a car the engine just suddenly bogged and wouldn`t give power. I pulled to the side of the road and the idle was very rough and then it died. I got it to start and by feathering the accelerator I got the engine to clear it`s throat and now it`s fine. The check engine light never came on. Is this an indication of anything that should be taken care of or maybe just a one time thing? Gas filter, injector cleaner? Fuel filter and plugs are still originals.

Reply to
philodog

I would change the fuel filter at the very least. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Definately, change your fuel filter, located below the drivers door area.

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman