Boxer Problem starting

I have a 2.5 diesel boxer non HDi, when I try to start the engine, it starts and cuts out, it has a new fuel filter, I have bleeded the fuel through to the injectors, I have taken out the sender unit from the tank the filter is clean no dirt showing, could this be the cut off solenoid playing up if so can any tell how to remove it. the engine is a DJ5 engine with a Bosch injector pump, also do?s any know what the switch is on top of the pump its like a micro switch.

Reply to
IanMac

archive:

Hi,

I take it then this happened after you replaced the fuel filter ? I may be off the mark, because I have an old 306 TD, but do you have the hand primer on this car ? Last time I did my fuel filter, I primed it

- it started, ran a bit cut out, this happened several times - once it ran for about 10 seconds and then died. In the end, I started it and nipped back round the front and just kept working the primer while it ran for a bit, and that sorted it.

Just saying could it be that you still just havent got all the air out ?

Craig

Reply to
fairlyclueless