05 Tundra V6 making odd noise between 56-60 MPH. Dealer says cant fix.

I have a 05 Tundra reg.cab that has 2500 miles on it. I really like the truck, gets fantastic gas mileage but since it had about 200 miles has made this very annoying noise when you get to a steady 56 mph. It is a constant exhaust/engine/driveline resignating noise. It is a constant mmmm.mmmmm,mmmmm up and down noise and gets very annoying. If you turn off the OD or drop down to 55 or go above 60 goes away. The problem is that is my main driving speed 80% of the time. The dealer says its a harmonic inbalance and there was nothing they could do. Had 2 Tacoma owners complain also about the same noise. It was a lot worse today when I was towing my trailor with my lawn equipment, was so loud at 59 mph even with window down and radio on still was very noticable. Any help appriciated.

Reply to
specman1

Can you feel the vibration or just hear it?

Reply to
JC

Don't accept the dealership's lame excuses. What you're hearing is not acceptable. Get on the 1-800 number to Toyota for more help. The person at that number will just tell you to see the dealership; now you've got the job to get them to find you more help further up the chain. Also ask (politely demand) the dealership to put you in touch with the Toyota corporate rep responsible for problems in your area.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Last night when driving I could actually feel a sliight lunge each time the noise went up and down, sort of like lightly tapping the brakes.

Reply to
specman1

Had the same problem with a diesel Dodge I used to have and there was a service Bulletin that suggested changeing the muffler and it all went away.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa