1990 3VZE pickup coil wiring questions

There are 4 wires coming out of the distributor:

White -> (NE pickup) -> D1 ECU Red -> (G1) -> D2 ECU Green -> (G-) -> D14 ECU Black -> (G2) -> D15 ECU

My problem is I am not sure which pickup is which _inside_ the distributor...

I have several wiring diagrams, but none are specific to the inside of the distributor. The wire colors inside the dist are so faded, and seem to be non-factory.

I have owned the the truck for 4 years, my brother was helping me install an alarm system and pulled the pigtail *apart* looking for a hot wire to connect the siren to - (thanks alot bro...a hot wire to the dist? - maybe 5V but not even a constant 5V - not sure what he was thinking!)

I have looked at a friends truck and the wiring was similar but his configuration doesn't seem to jive with mine.

The ECU has blinked a 42 (speed sensor) and is blinking a 52, and I have even seen a 53.

Knock sensor was known to be good previously.

Anyone know which pickup is which or have any other suggestions? The truck ran great until the wiring mix up. I have a spare ECU (thanks to the dealer's previous mis-diagnoses), but I do not want to plug it in until I am sure I have the wiring right.

The current configuration causes the truck to run poorly, but it will run.

Thanks in advance to anyone that will to take a crack at this, or a peek under the cap for me.

Mike in Utah

Reply to
Mike Berrett