1992 Toyota pickup headlight replacement - Special Tools?

Hello all,

I am in the process of buying the subject truck for my son's first vehicle. The dealer wanted $192 to replace the headlights, which have some moisture in them. I have since order a set of conversion bulbs, wiring etc. My only concern is that I read here:

A "special tool" is required.

Does anyone know if this is correct, and if so, what is the tool, and where can I get it?

TIA, TTFN Tim

Reply to
BrewMeister1

My first stop would be:

Or, ask one of their reps if you see a truck parked at a car repair place.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
Bill Hall

Thanks everyone, I think I'll be alright if all I need is a screwdriver.

I'm going to convert the sealed beams to the bulb replaceable fixtures, commonly called a conversion kit.

Hope it all fits together...

TTFN Tim

Reply to
BrewMeister1

if by spectial tool.. they mean philups screw driver... then they need to shutup. cuz i changed mine. easy. took 30 min. didnt even have to take the grill off.. just kinda... heh. used brute force.

Reply to
ThoseWhoHatedMeCreatedMe