1996 HiLux - Clutch replacement

Hi

I have a 1994 LN model Hilux pickup with a 2L engine, two man cab, standard wheelbase, 5 speed.

I need to replace the clutch.

Can the gearbox be removed from underneath the vehicle, or do I need to pull the engine and gearbox together?

Thanks

Ian F

Reply to
Liz and Ian

I did my 22RE '85 from underneath. Need a good 3 feet of ratchet extention to reach the top bolts. It is very heavy too - I used a floor jack but a trans jack would have made it a lot easier.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks for that - as the day went on, I figured that it could be done from underneath.

Top bolts are tough to get at, but got them all out, will separate the box tomorow..

I made a cradle that sits on the torsion bars to hold the gearbox , so it will slide away from the engine, then I can lower it to the floor.

Here's hoping that it will work.

Reply to
Liz and Ian