1999 4Runner Tailgate Problem (a little different)

Hello Guys,

I've got a 1999 4Runner Limited and am very pleased with it (its a great car) except the tailgate window will sometimes go down (all the way) all by itself shortly after I turn off the ignition. This only happens occasionally but it a little worrying as I don't always notice its down when I leave the car. I've searched this newsgroup and found many problems people have with it not working or not going up but never anyone having trouble with it going down all by itself! Other than that everything works great - switches and motors are all fine.

Does anyone have any ideas why it might do that? Is there a way to disable the motors as a temporary measure, e.g. fuse? As I can't reproduce the problem a garage would have a tough time fixing it.

I'm not very car savvy, so please be specific if you have any ideas, Thanks for any help!!! Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sweeting

Are you squishing your remote in your pocket? Seen this plenty!

Reply to
MDT Tech®