2.7 vs 2.4

Hey gang, Anyone have experience with Toyota's 2.7 liter 4 cylinder engine? Im looking to replace my '86 4x4 and want to stick with the 4 cylinder. Is the new 2.7 as indestructible as the 2.4 liter I currently have? Are there any common problems with '94-'96 Toyota pickups I should be aware of? I test drove a 96 yesterday and it didn't run well at all. It also kept making this intermittent buzzing sound like there was a vacuum leak somewhere. Anyone heard of this before? Thanks! Brian

Reply to
Brian Faddis

One major issue is that the exhaust is on the opposite side with the 2.7.

Reply to
Roger Brown

I have over 290k on my 2.7L Tacoma. The motor still runs strong and does not burn any oil. There has not been any work done on the motor. I have replaced the power steering pump and the power steering rack on this truck but this is likely because of the large tires and the off-roading that I do with it.

Kevin

Kevin
2.7 is bigger, so you can squeeze more oooommff out of it...
Reply to
Kryptoknight

i bought a '95 tacoma with a 2.7L 4 cyl about three weeks ago. it has 120k on it and it runs beautifully. a couple things to note however: 1) before i bought it, it went in (early) for it's 120k servicing so it has all new belts in it. 2) the reason it went in early is that the manifold was cracked. 3) my car before this was an '88 ford tempo. alfred klek

Reply to
Alfred Klek

Reply to
Harrison