2003 4Runner Third Row Seat

I have the 2003 Sport Edition and I wanted to know if the Optional Third Row Seats were available for this Model, and if not, Why Not?

Also, if anyone has them, are they spacious at all or not worth the extra money?

Please let me know.

-Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

I don't think the 3rd rear seat was made available as an option until the '04 models.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

If you really need to carry that many people regularly, get a full sized van or SUV(Surburban/etc). My biggest gripe is the trend towards putting a third row in these SUVs and minivans that is clearly behind the rear axle. That means crumple-zone, just like the rear facing station wagon seats we used to see. I wouldn't put my kids in a crumple-zone.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Not sure whether they have them for that model, but you could check out aftermarket third row seats.

I've been eyeing a company here in California who makes them for most models of SUV and they seem like a pretty good place.

They will send you fabric samples onrequest, and they don't start making your seat till you pay for it, so it'sfully custom (I reckon if you wanted special fabric or something, you couldwork that out with them... I just got this vision of Spongebob print canvasfor some reason *g*) It's been a consideration of ours for over two years now, just before our family grew by 1 (and we weren't sure if it would be twins *again* or just one, lol.) I'll be adding one of their deluxe packages to my 96 4Runner this spring, for when we have folks visiting or take friends' kids places with us, etc. I mean for it to be a not very often used item, just put it in when we need it. I'm not keen on kids being in the extreme rear of any vehicle, especially in fog season out here, with so many people getting rear-ended. If I keep it out of the truck for day to day driving, the kids won't beg to sit there. ;) Don't need a third seat or a bigger vehicle 98% of the time.

Reply to
Pookerz

No.

Because they weren't available until the 2004 model.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan O'Connor