2000 Trunda Factory Hitch Class

I have a 2000 Tundra Access Cab V8 2x4. I purchased it with the trailer towing package that included a reciever type of hitch. I would like to know if the factory hitch is a Class III or IV? I check to see if the class was stamped on the hitch, all I found were the following numbers. 18E0 and

14317 or the right side. 18E0 and 22834990 on the left side. Any help will be appricated. Thanks.

Jim W.

Reply to
SBC

I can't remember ever owning a hitch that didn't have a weight limit stamped on it. Not written as "class", but "Max Load 5000, Max Tongue Weight 400..." It's usually in a place where someone connecting a trailer can clearly see it, not hidden.

The stamping on mine was either near the electrical connector or where the safety chains attach.

On a different thought, since it's a Toyota package, have you checked the manual and maybe the door jambs?

Reply to
B A R R Y