2000 Tundra time for a timing belt question of what else to service while in there

I need to change the timing belt on my Tundra soon is there anything else I should consider while I have the front of the motor torn apart?

I'm going to replace the shocks at the same time where is the best place to get replacements? I'm only running the street and looking for a little smoother ride - nothing off road.

Reply to
VTX1800C

Water Pump?

Reply to
Mike R

Water pump and serpentine belt are gimme's

You should have the valve lash checked, since it requires removing the valve covers (and thus, the front covers). You PROBABLY will not need an actual adjustment, and it is a very tedious project if you do, but it is something that could be done with the front end torn down.

I'll be looking at the project myself on my '03 before the end of the year.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Bilstein HD shocks are a good choice. I drive on the street and they give me good control and only a slightly stiffer ride. Aftermarket Bilsteins also have the lifetime warranty if you retain your purchase receipt. Check shox.com, eshocks.com, shockwarehouse.com for choices and prices.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

the boy that just bought the hose across street from me is a lexus tech. he says on the 4.7 liter the timing belt, water pump and what the other person said should all be part of the 90,000 mile service.

Reply to
Charles H.