What to change while replacing timing belt?

can you give me a list of everything that is in reach? i am at 85k with my

2000 honda accord EX v6. I'm getting the timing belt changed this weekend. However, i want to know what else they should change at the same time. p.s. they quoted me $400-$500. is that a good price? im in southern california.
Reply to
James

$500 should be good as long as that includes the water pump and the various accessory drive belts. All those things are in the same location and require the same labor to get to, so replacing them is merely the incremental cost of the parts.

Dealer would charge $600 for all of that. If an indy wants $500 for just the timing belt, look elsewhere.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"James" wrote in news:iVD4e.1227$ snipped-for-privacy@chiapp18.algx.net:

Cam seals, crank seal, water pump. Tensioner is optional, but a good idea.

If you have a balance shaft(s), they should change that belt plus its seals as well.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Problem is, that new belt is on there for a few years. Seals that aren't leaking now can start leaking right after. The seals are cheap and easy to change. You're all the way in there anyway, so why not?

Besides, weepage on the cam and crank seals will only be visible once you take the inner timing belt cover and pulleys off, which is quick to do.

The less you change the oil, the faster the seals start weeping.

Reply to
TeGGer®

No one else has asked, so I will - Why are you changing it 20,000 miles early? Its not due until 105,000 miles on a 2000.

Reply to
E. Meyer

are you serous? i thought it was 60k. ill have to re read my manual.

Reply to
James

Reply to
E. Meyer