Comparing Tacoma and Nissan Frontier

I had an 84 Xtra Cab deluxe and now a '93. I went shopping yesterday for a new one as I don't want the bigger one coming out next year. I wasn't very impressed. The handling doesn't seem as good as my '93 and mot much has changed otherwise. Seems to be the same shitty bucket seat that was in my '84. My '93 has the bench-bucket seat which seems to have better back support.

Today I looked at Nissan. I thought the handling was better, easier to feel the road through the wheel. I drove the V6 turbo as nothing else was available. It seems like a race car compared to my 22re. The Nissan seems to have allot of extras standard, like a nice bucket seat with lumbar adjustment.

Price wise Nissan is the winner. They have a $2500 rebate now plus the dealer offered another $500. The Toyota dealer wasn't dealing. It looks like with two similar vehicles there is a three to four thousand dollar difference.

My '84 rotted away un till the frame rusted through. My '93 has been pretty good with body rust. Neither vehicle has had any major mechanical problems.

Any comments on the reliability of Nissans appreciated.

Reply to
H Hornblower

|| I had an 84 Xtra Cab deluxe and now a '93. I went shopping yesterday || for a new one as I don't want the bigger one coming out next year. I || wasn't very impressed. The handling doesn't seem as good as my '93 || and mot much has changed otherwise. Seems to be the same shitty || bucket seat that was in my '84. My '93 has the bench-bucket seat || which seems to have better back support.

ok....

|| Today I looked at Nissan. I thought the handling was better, easier || to feel the road through the wheel. I drove the V6 turbo as nothing || else was available. It seems like a race car compared to my 22re. The || Nissan seems to have allot of extras standard, like a nice bucket || seat with lumbar adjustment.

most things that were extra in 93, have become standard... you're still paying for it...somewhere...

|| Price wise Nissan is the winner. They have a $2500 rebate now plus || the dealer offered another $500. The Toyota dealer wasn't dealing. It || looks like with two similar vehicles there is a three to four || thousand dollar difference.

When you've got a better brand, there's no need bickering about a price.... toyotas are worth it, ppl know it, they pay it, whereas, the competition will offer incentives, rebates, you name it, just to get and keep you on their lots.... Like the salesmans' motto goes, "there's a sucker born every minute... we're just waiting for the next one to walk in...."

|| My '84 rotted away un till the frame rusted through. My '93 has been || pretty good with body rust. Neither vehicle has had any major || mechanical problems.

ok.....

|| Any comments on the reliability of Nissans appreciated.

All I've ever thought about them was thin metal bodies, plastic accessories, thin axles, lots of 'extras' to cloud your level headed judgement, and most of all, anytime I see one wheeling in the woods, it's usually not pretty.... either being tugged, drugged, or towed by a toyota....

The Xterrible is junk... Pathfinders were ok, but the hardbody model was probably the best, if not THE best nissan ever did....

Reply to
RedForeman ©®

This is all personal taste but that Frontier looks like a 3rd world produced vehicle.

I also think the Toyota has more reliability and re-sale in the long run,

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

Nissan does not have a turbo truck. It is a super charger. The engine still only has 20 more horses than a tacoma v6 and it is ugly. Look around to see how mant old toyotas ar running around compared to old nissans, that tells the story

Reply to
zonie