2004 Tacoma Ball Joint recall noise after

2004 Tacoma lower ball joint recall

I just picked up my 2004 taco from having the recall for the lower ball joints replaced.

Now when turning to the right, when I get on or off a "clover leaf" exit ramp at about 25 to 40 mph, where I can "load" the ball joints (body flexs a bit), hear a noise that sounds like a loose piece of sheet metal for a rattling for only a few brief seconds. I have place a wrench on everything possible under my truck and still can not locate this mystery noise.

Can these brand new ball joints be bad?

Would anyone have any ideas?

********************************************************************** Randy Tingley "Life is an Adventure, Mary Tingley not an ulcer giving experience" snipped-for-privacy@nep.net **********************************************************************
Reply to
Randy Tingley

Oh great. I'm about to make an appointment for mine tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I am shocked. My Taco had NO noises until the recall.

Reply to
Randy Tingley

i just had mine done on a 02 havent heard anything yet but will let u know if i do

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

Definitly take it back to the dealer. There are 4 different part #'s for this recall depending on the application, there may be a possibility that the wrong ones may have been installed. take it back to the dealer and explain the situation, I'm sure they will look into it and find whatever may be the problem.

Reply to
mickeyd

View this thread:

04005-03235 joint assy, LWR B was installed?
Reply to
Randy Tingley

Just a thought, is the deflector behind the rotor loose or bent. They may have moved it or loosened it when doing ball joints. If not and you've checked everything else I agree with other posters, take it back to dealer. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

This is it! I pushed the deflector back by about 1/4" and this has stopped all the rattling. Thank you.

Reply to
Randy Tingley