2011 Toyota Tocoma there is no trans dip stick how do i check and add oil to it

I want to add trans oil to my 2011 toyota tacoma but there is no dip stick and oi look very well and i just dont see one so how do i put back the trans oil that i draind out at the pan thinking it was the oil pluge and now i cant put any back....

Reply to
Paulie

Have you drained your MANUAL transmission, or your AUTOMATIC transmission? I don't believe there was ever a dip stick on a manual transmission. If you've accidentally drained your manual transmission, you will have to locate the fill plug to refill it. You may find you have to rig a tube so that you can raise your source above the level of the fill plug. If it was a manual, you are not alone, others have mistaken the trans drain plug. You can find stories of others efforts to correct on the Tacoma World Forum like this one:

JMc

And, if you are talking AUTOMATIC Transmission, well, here is another thread on the Tacoma World Forum for that:

JMc

The text above is too illiterate to understand. If by "trans" the writer means "transmission" then perhaps one can assume (as one must, since the writer didn't bother to say) that it is a manual transmission since automatic transmissions have dip sticks.

Manual transmissions have a fill hole on their sides, except in the rare case when there is access on top. Oil is added to manual transmissions until the inner oil level reaches the fill hole's lower limb.

Desertphile

Not all automatic transmissions have dipsticks - but I think all Toyota automatics do.

clare

message

Ah, thank you. I had no idea.

Reply to