22r idle trouble

here's the situation, I rebuilt my carb to try and pass smog on an '85 22R. Now my idle won't kick back down after it's heated up, it's staying around

1500 RPM. I've been messing around on it and I believe that it's my choke heater. what I think is happening is that the choke heater isn't turning off once the truck warms up. so my question is what could be causing this and how do i fix it.

thanks

Reply to
funkyrooster