85 toy pickup wont start

Hey, I've been having trouble starting my p/u for couple years now. Along the way, I've put in a new battery, new distributer, wires and plugs, cleaned out the gas tank and replaced carburator twice, and alternator is fairly new. When I turn key, no clicking!, no response what-so-ever. Battery is fully charged. Every couple weeks, it starts right up??? Starter? or ignition?...I don't want to have to tow this monster again

Reply to
kalapakitruck

Wolfgang

If you are not hearing the starter solnoid clicking, its likely something between it and the ignition switch that is at fault. Do a little troubleshooting and track down the cause of the problem and fix it:

Roger Brown

Do your dash lights go dim when you turn the start key? If they do and nothing happens it's the starter. Try whacking it with a tire iron then try to start it.

Reply to
Tacoma Dude